Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Story of Us

Well here is the blog I promised about Michael and I. Michael and I met at singles group back in January not long after I moved back. We immediately hit it off but since I was dating Carl, I kept my distance for awhile and only saw him at church or at singles group. Through the singles group and church we had the chance to get to know each other and found out we had a lot in common. We have shared stories of college, working out at Pirtle Scout Camp (different summers), pranks our rival high schools played on each other, and just other odds and ends, our conversations are never boring. Most of our conversations were via phone or at events, so I guess it was the middle of march before we actually went and hung out on our own but in a public place. At this time Michael and I were still just friends. I went on my trip to DC and while I had a wonderful time, I realized that Carl was not the one for me. This was the first time we have been able to hang out for more than 24 to 48 hours and he drove me crazy. I knew then that a long distance relationship was not going to work for us. I kinda had that feeling back in January when he left but was determined to make it work. I flew back to Longview with a confused heart and a lot on my mind. I spent some time just trying to decide what to do. I decided that it was time for me to say good bye to Carl and start fresh. Michael and I continued to be friends until we had the chance to go to the symphony, that ended up being our first date, Thanks Charity for the tickets. While Michael and I never really talked about dating or our feelings for each other, that night with him was so much fun and we both knew then and there that we should talk about becoming more than friends. I am so happy that we made the decision to start dating. Michael truly is a blessing sent to me. If it wasn't for him, I could have easily fallen into a rut of staying at home every night and being depressed about being back in Longview. I look forward to spending more and more time with Michael as our relationship grows and develops. It's so funny on how we are sent somewhere we really don't want to be but it ends up being a good thing. Michael is a wonderful guy, who I love with all my heart. I am so proud of him and everything he does. He has a wonderful job as an IT specialist with the Police Department, is currently finishing up his bachelors degree in Business at LETU, just bought a brand new house and still manages to make me smile and laugh every day. Michael I don't know what I would do without you. Below are just some of the things that have made me fall in love with him.

He's a Christian, with whom I can talk about God with.
He brought me chicken noodle soup when I wasn't feeling well
He randomly calls or texts me just to see how I am.
He tells me and shows me that he cares.
He can look at me and I can't help but smile.
He's stable and secure.
This list can go on forever but I'll stop here. So now you know the story of Michael and I.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Candi...can't wait to meet Michael! I'm thrilled to hear that he is a Christian and you can challenge each other spiritually!

    ReplyDelete